Artists of Promise - Visual Arts Competition
Each year, the Maricopa Community Colleges sponsor a districtwide competition to encourage and recognize student achievement in the following categories:
- Two-Dimensional (2D) Art/Design
- Three-Dimensional (3D) Art/Design
Winning students will be selected to have their work displayed at the Virtual Artists of Promise Event in April 2022. Also, the top 5 winning students will have the images of their work submitted, and entered by the District, into the League of Innovation National Art Competition.
- The Visual Arts Competition in both 2D and 3D requires that students must be registered in an art class within Maricopa Community Colleges, and can only submit work done while in the MCCCD art class.
- Students can submit up to 4 pieces each, but each must be uploaded separately due to the system requirements. There can be 2 views of each submitted piece of work.
- All work will be judged by the images that were submitted. Please submit high-quality images (72dpi at 2000 pixels on the longest edge). The 5 winners of the League of Innovation award will then have those images submitted to the national competition.
- The work can be completed during any of these semesters: Spring 2021, Summer 2021, Fall 2021, or Spring 2022. Work done in prior years is not accepted.
- Anyone who has previously represented the district in the League of Innovation National Competition is not eligible for that award again. However, they may enter the show and display their work in the Virtual Artist of Promise Gala.
- All 5 League of Innovation winners will have their work included in a full-color anthology, produced by the League of Innovation.
- These pieces will then be judged a second time and will be eligible for awards at the national level.
Work in the Artists of Promise Gala is not for sale, but you can leave your contact information with the show coordinator.
Submission and Judging Process
Entry Process Opens: December 7, 2021
Student Entry Deadline: February 25, 2022
- Student Competition Form (online)
- Online adjudication: March 2022
- First place work in each category will be displayed at the Artists of Promise Gala scheduled for April 2022.
- All awards will be issued via U.S. Mail shortly after the Artists of Promise Gala.
- The top five student artists selected will be awarded $225 each
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College
- Estrella Mountain Community College
- Jimmy Fike, firstname.lastname@example.org
- GateWay Community College
- Susan Mills, email@example.com
- Glendale Community College
- Mesa Community College
- Dan Fogel, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paradise Valley Community College
- Phoenix College
- Rudolph Navarro, email@example.com
- Rio Salado College
- Jan Adkins, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scottsdale Community College
- Lisa Peace, email@example.com
- South Mountain Community College
- Wiley Wallace, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date and Time