2020 Artists of Promise - Theatre Competition
Each year, the Maricopa Community Colleges sponsor a districtwide competition to encourage and recognize student achievement in the following categories:
- Theatre Design
- Theatre Acting/Performance
Winning students will be selected to have their work displayed at the Artists of Promise on April 23, 2020, at the Herberger Theater in Phoenix, AZ.
Please see Theatre Design competition rules prior to submitting.
Theatre Acting / Performance
Please see Theatre Acting competition rules prior to submitting.
Submission and Judging Process
Entry Process Opens: January 11, 2020
Student Entry Deadline: February 28, 2020
- Student Competition Form (online)
- Applicants will be notified via their respective college program directors by March 2, 2020, with assigned appointments for in-person adjudication.
- Adjudication will take place at Mesa Community College on Friday, March 6, 2020.
- Failure to appear at the appointed time will result in withdrawal from the competition.
- First place work in each category will be performed at the Artists of Promise performance scheduled for April 23, 2020. In addition, they will be expected to participate in the mandatory dress rehearsal on April 22, 2020. Both occur at the Herberger Theater in Phoenix, AZ.
- All first-place winners MUST attend both the dress rehearsal and performance.
- All awards will be issued via U.S. Mail shortly after the Artists of Promise.
- $300 for first place;
- $200 for second place;
- $100 for third place
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College
- Shalynn Reynolds, (480) 732-7040, email@example.com
- GateWay Community College
- Donald Hall, (602) 286-8730, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glendale Community College
- David Seitz, (623) 845-3385, email@example.com
- Mesa Community College
- Kevin Dressler, (480) 461-7538, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paradise Valley Community College
- Andrea Robertson, (602) 787-6580, email@example.com
- Phoenix College
- Dr. Christina Marín, (602) 285-7303, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scottsdale Community College
- Amanda Embry, (480) 423-6076, email@example.com
- South Mountain Community College
- Julie Holston, (602) 243-8267, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Estrella Mountain Community College
- Tim Butterfield, (623) 935-8816, email@example.com